Got this from Colleen (McGinnis) Murray and I thought I would share it.
Are you aware that Jeff Foxworthy is now picking on Michigan?… funny and acurate!!!
You might live in Michigan when …
1. If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by.
2. If you’re proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Pellston is the coldest spot in the nation.
3. If your local Dairy Queen is closed November through March.
4. If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year.
5. If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don’t work there.
6. If your dad’s suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead.
7. If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time.
8. If your town has an equal number of bars and churches.
9. If you have had a long telephone onversation with someone who dialed a wrong number.
Part 2 –
You’re a true MICHIGANDER when . . .
1. “Vacation” means going up north on I-75
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the pot holes are filled with snow.
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
15. Down South to you means Ohio.
16. A brat is something you eat.
17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn.
18. You go out to fish fry every Friday.
19. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
21. You find 0 degrees “a little chilly.”
22. You drink pop and bake with soda.
23. Your doctor tells you to drink Vernors and you know it’s not medicine.
24. And you can actually drink it without coughing.
25. You know what a Yooper is.
26. You think owning a Honda is Un-American.
27. You know that UP is a place, not a direction.
28. You know it’s possible to live in a thumb.
29. You understand that when visiting Detroit, the best thing to wear is a Kevlar vest.
30. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Michigan friends.