I was thinking of some of the things that I did while I was growing up in Flint…
- Going sledding down the hill at Southwestern and drinking Peppermint Schnapps
- Going to the Whoopie Bowl
- Saturday TV meant watching scary movies with Sir Graves Ghastly.
- Grapevine’s on Clio Road
- Eating caramel corn from Dale’s Health Food Store on Harrison St.
- And the words to the Paramount Potato Chip song: “I’m Slim Chipley, the guy you see on the Paramount Potato Chip’s bright red pack, I’m the flavor deputy, protecting crispness in every sack. They’re delicious, and so nutritious — yessiree they’re pips.”